As a homeowner in Mamakating, one of your concerns should be your property assessment. One of our concerns is that all assessments are fair and equitable in relationship to other properties in the town. As a property owner you have many responsibilities, which includes paying taxes.
Taxing jurisdictions must raise money to operate. The real property tax is one way that this is accomplished. Unfortunately, this system has many disadvantages. As Assessor's, we have no control over the budget process. We can only make sure that you pay your fair share of taxes. In order to maintain fair and equitable assessment, we need cooperation from property owners. The more information we have on the properties in Mamakating, and the market place, the more equitable the assessment will be.
Following, you will find information about assessment terminology, downloadable forms and important dates in the assessment year. Please call or stop in to discuss exemptions that may be available to you.
We welcome you and encourage you to stop in our office and review the information we have on record for your property, as well as other comparable properties. If you have any questions at all about any of the above information, or questions about the assessment process in general, please call me at 845-888-3000, option #5.
Dates to Remember
- March 1st - All exemptions must be filed on or before March 1st.
- May - Grievance Day - 4th Tuesday in May.
- July 31st - Small claims petition must be filed no later than July 31st.
- September 1st - School tax bills mailed out by various school tax collectors.
- December 31st - Town/County tax bills mailed out.
- Mamakating 2022 Final Roll
- Mamakating 2022 Tentative Roll
- Mamakating 2021 Final Roll
- Mamakating 2021 Tentative Roll
- Mamakating 2020 Final Roll
- 2020 Mamakating Tentative Roll
- Mamakating 2019 Final Roll
- 2019 Mamakating Tentative
- Mamakating Final Assessment roll 2018
- 2018 mamakating tentative roll